Errors caused as a result of medical negligence can be life-altering. Unintentional cutting can lead to spinal or organ damage. A pierced colon could be life threatening. Sponges or surgical instruments are sometimes left in the body. The wrong surgery could be performed, perhaps on the wrong part of the body.
Surgical errors result in lost work time, additional medical expenses, or wrongful death. Sometimes, surgical errors require further surgeries to correct.
· Anesthesia errors leading to death or permanent brain damage
· Surgery on the wrong body part or on the wrong side of the body
· Sponges, clamps or other foreign objects left in the surgical cavity
· Cutting errors leading to organ damage, colon piercing, or spinal cord injury
· Failure to monitor vital signs during surgery leading to brain damage or other serious complications
· Avoidable complications such as severe infection post-operative recovery
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries resulting from surgical error, you may have the right to seek compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other expenses.
Since 1982, the attorneys at Swanson Gardner Meyers, PLLC, have held medical professionals, hospitals, clinics and medical centers accountable for medical negligence that occurs during surgery.
For example, we represented a client whose surgeon lacerated his ureter during hernia surgery. The hospital fought, but a jury awarded our patient $241,000 in damages.
Another patient suffered nerve damage as a result of medical negligence. We achieved a verdict of nearly $400-thousand on our client’s behalf. Our personal injury / wrongful death law firm has achieved more than a dozen 7-figure verdicts.
We handle our cases on a contingency basis, meaning we receive no fees until we secure compensation on your behalf. Contact us now and ask for a free consultation.